2014 AGM Meeting Minutes

Glenmore Woods Homeowners Association held their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday May 20 2014 at 7:00pm. The meeting was at the Mariani offices at 900 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL 60044. The meeting lasted 50 minutes. The minutes from the meeting follow.

Glenmore Woods Homeowners Association
Annual General Meeting - May 20 2014 7:00pm
900 North Shore Drive
Lake Bluff, IL 60044

Board Members: John Lucas, David Coughlin, Bruce Watts, Joe Sturonas

Property Manager: Sarah McMaster
Homeowners: Frank Keres, Tom Ebert, Jerry Herb, Nick Burlew
 

Meeting Minutes

  • Board member vote: Re-election of David Coughlin and Joe Sturonas

Tom Ebert motioned to re-elect David Coughlin and Joe Sturonas. Second by Jerry. No one opposed. Motion carried. 

Joe Sturonas also pointed out that there is still one board seat that remains open. 

  • Review and approve Budget for 2014

David motioned to approve the 2014 Budget. Joe Second. No one opposed. Motion carried.

  • Review Imprelis decision and proposal

Sarah reviewed the proposed Imprelis settlement. Highlights include that they will pay to remove the 5 trees that have died as a result of the turf applied herbicide that was applied between August 2010 through August 2011. They will also pay for the replacement of the 5 trees and pay new tree maintenance. They will also pay for the treatment of the 11 trees that were affected but not dead. 

Jerry mentioned he has 5 trees that are in turf areas that are affected and Frank has a small tree affected.

Action Items:

1. Sarah will talk to Mariani to re-review our site for other trees that might have been impacted by the Imprelis. 
2. Sarah to send a mailing to all homeowners informing them about the Imprelis settlement.  

  • Review pond drainage issues
  • Review the proposal for drainage of areas 1, 2 and 3.

Jerry stated that the Mariani fall clean up last year was late and lacking, and the pond was totally covered in leaves. That could have contributed to the exit pipe clogging. Others agreed. Mariani also did the aeration in the spring while the grass was still dormant, and there should only be aeration during the growing season. 

Action Items:
1. Sarah to talk to Mariani about the late leaf pickup and discuss how that can be avoided this fall. 
2. Sarah to talk to Mariani about 
aeration only during the growing season.
3. Sarah to 
talk to Ben about the mechanical issues of the drainage in the Glenmore Woods area.
4. Sarah to talk to Jay from Mariani to working with Village engineer Ben about the drainage flowing from 3 into 1. There is a question whether the proposal from Mariani is correct where water is flowing from 3 to 1. 
5. Once drained, Sarah to ask Jay what should be planted into area 1 to keep the water out of there, now that it has settled.

  • Review proposal for fountain in pond

John motioned to defer, Bruce second, motion carried. 

  • Review noise from International Precision Components Corporation, Plant 2 at 28251 N Ballard Drive, Lake Forest, IL

This has been going on for a couple of years. Sarah called the county, but nothing could be resolved. It was not so bad over the winter but it is back in the Spring. Measured near the facility at 103 decibels.  

Action Items:
1. Sarah to call the EPA to investigate. 

  • Open Forum

Tom indicated that there is a storm sewer in the cul de sac of Windmere that is elevated and appears to be flow constricted.

Action Item:
1. Sarah to contact Village to investigate.

Bruce mentioned there is still a huge pot hole in front of Burlew's.

Action Item:
1. Sarah to contact village to patch the pot hole.

There are neighbors that are not cleaning up after their dogs in the neighborhood. All dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Repeat offenders will be fined.

Homeowners are concerned about tree roots being exposed and what should be done about the exposed roots.

Action Item:
1. Sarah to contact Mariani about exposed tree roots. 

Sarah mentioned that homeowners were complaining that messaging to board members was not working. Joe Sturonas verified the messaging functionality was not working. 

Action Item:
1. Joe to correct messaging function on www.glenmorewoods.org. (Joe already corrected the messaging problem and apologizes profusely for the incorrect functionality)

  • Next Meeting Date

Tentatively August 26th. 

A special thanks to all the homeowners that provided proxies and attended the meeting.