Glenmore Woods held a Home Owners meeting on July 5, 2011 at 7:00pm. The minutes in their entirety are shown below. Some of the topics covered in the meeting include; Glenmore Woods board positions up for election, John Lucas and Bruce Watts; Drainage and road resurfacing. Mariani representatives on hand at the meeting addresses questions and provided a 2011 maintenance calendar.
Glenmore Woods Homeowners Association
July 5, 2011
7:20 – 7:45pm
Mariani Offices – 900 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL.
John Lucas (Chair)
Apologies – Joe Sturonas
McMaster Drake – Sarah McMaster
Mariani – John Lee
- The meeting was called to order at 7:20pm
- It was determined that there were insufficient proxies together with attendees for a quorum for an Annual General Meeting. Accordingly, a new date will be set for the AGM. Existing proxies will still be valid for the board elections and homeowners will be urged to submit proxies if they have not already done so. Notice of the new meeting date will be posted on the Glenmore Woods web site in addition to inclusion in the monthly mailing from McMaster Drake. Homeowners will again be encouraged to step forward to run for a board seat by notifying any of the existing board members or Sarah McMaster.
- An income statement for the six months ended June 30th, 2011 together with a balance sheet as of that date was distributed by Sarah McMaster and will be formally considered for adoption at the AGM.
- Additional agenda topics identified for discussion at the AGM were as follows:
- Asphalt path running south west from Ashford to the forest preserve trail is breaking up. The board will consider quotes from Mariani to replace the asphalt with either fresh asphalt or limestone.
- Mariani will submit a proposal for the addition of shrubs and/or ornamental trees at the entry to Glenmore Woods. Planting will need to allow access to the utilities running either side of Ashford Drive at the entrance to the sub-division.
- Drainage – the village engineer and Mayor of GreenOaks will be invited to attend to discuss any restrictions applying to the “wetlands” in the common areas including the area to the south of Ashford Drive opposite Isleworth, the area immediately west of Windmere, and the areas of Ponds 1 and 2 to the north of Isleworth. The board will consider options available to clear the existing box culverts and improve drainage with a view to preserving the trees in the areas and encouraging further growth.
- Road re-surfacing – we will ask the Village to provide an update on plans to resurface the road which is beginning to deteriorate.
- Buckthorn treatment in common areas – the board will consider whether to take additional measures to again remove buckthorn in common areas.
- Electric utility service – an update on plans to improve reliability of this service.
- With no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:45pm