2021 AGM Meeting Minutes

A Glenmore Woods Homeowners Meeting was held on April 12, 2021, at 7:30 pm. The meeting was virtual over Zoom. These meeting minutes are in draft form as they have not been approved by the HOA yet.

Glenmore Woods HOA Meeting, April 12, 2021 Agenda

  • Guest Speakers
    • Richard Glogovsky - Village of Green Oaks Trustee, Chairperson Building Commission
    • Kevin Griffin - Village of Green Oaks Trustee Elect
  • Approval of the minutes from the February 1, 2021 Meeting
  • Re-election of Board Members
  • Lake County Forest Preserve Grant Clearing Update
  • Native Restoration Update
  • French Drain Update
  • Landscaping Update
  • Financials Update
  • Open forum
  • The date for the next meeting


Board Members: Sue Ebert, Roy Ladd, Martin Caldwell, Joe Sturonas

Property Manager: Sarah McMaster
Homeowners: 14 present
The meeting commences at 7:30 pm

  • Guest Speakers
    • Richard Glogovsky - Village of Green Oaks Trustee, Chairperson Building Commission
    • Kevin Griffin - Village of Green Oaks Trustee Elect
  • Long Term Village Plan update (response to Glenmore Woods comments)

    The Village of Green Oaks is reworking the plan. When the long-term plan is published, Glenmore Woods will have access to it.

  • TIF District Updates (Roads, Signage, Properties…)

    The vacant lot behind Glenmore Woods is not part of the Village of Green Oaks and still zoned residential.

    Lambs Farm gets a lot of private donations and there no indication that it is in any financial distress.
    The Village is working to clean up properties in the TIF district to make them look more presentable.


  • Route 176 widening

    Route 176 is planned to be widened from 2 lanes to 3 lanes between Glenmore Woods and Harley Davidson. The engineering for the plan will be done in 3 or 4 months, then it has to go to approval with IDOT which could take at least a year.


  • Clearance of invasive species along Rt. 176

    The Village has plans to take out another block of buckthorn during the Spring of 2021.


  • Clearance of Buckthorn in Glenmore woods

    The Village would consider a proposal to assist with buckthorn clearing through the provisioning of equipment and chemicals. If Glenmore Woods is interested in having the buckthorn cleared along Route 176, we need to let the Village know our desire to have that cleared as well.


  • Lake County unincorporated properties around Glenmore woods
  • Cannabis expansion in Lake County unincorporated areas

    Lake County is looking to expand Cannabis sales in unincorporated properties as indicated by the red and white striped areas.


  • Impact (Corporate Headquarters) expansion off of Bradley Road

    The Village will receive additional tax from the expansion, and the Village is only a few Villages in the state that have a AAA+ bond rating


  • Additional Questions / Comments

    There was a comment that the lack of awareness from the Village of Green Oaks to the public regarding the Long Term Village Plan was not acceptable. We get constant notifications regarding garbage collection and roadwork on Blackboard, but nothing on Blackboard regarding the Long Term Village Plan. The Village needs to be more transparent regarding public matters.

    Rich and Kevin are a good resource for Village interests concerning Green Oaks


  • Approval of the minutes from the February 1, 2021 Meeting

    Motion By: Roy to approve the meeting minutes
    Seconded By: Martin
    In Favor: 5, Opposed: 0; Abstain: 0;
  • Re-election of Board Members

    Sarah asks the floor to make a motion to adopt the slate by acclamation
    Motion By: Jennifer Koeing to reelect Roy Ladd, J.V. Proesel, Martin Caldwell
    Seconded By: Doug Seipel
    In Favor: All; Opposed: None; Abstain: None;


  • Lake County Forest Preserve Grant Clearing Update

    Area 5: 3.7 Acres Total
    V3 Companies
    V3 will return in the spring and summer to perform stewardships and address any 'punch list' items such as the stumps/debris




  • Native Restoration Update

    2021 two Stewardships for Areas 1, 2, & 3
    Three Stewardships for Area 4
    Controlled Burn for Areas 4?
    Area 5 would be covered by LCFP


  • French Drain Update

    Completed remediation of Failed French Drain Between Isleworth and Braeloch


  • Landscaping Update

    Approved Bartlett Leaf Beetle Treatment in the front
    Mariani dormant pruning in the front


  • Open forum

    Question: When does the HOA replace mulch in the common areas? Every 2 years, and it was last done in 2020, so I will be done again in 2022.
    Action Item: Joe to reach out to Native Restorations regarding the controlled burn and seeding of Area 4
    Action Item: Joe to reach out to Behm to see about leveling the ground above the pipe
    Action Item: Joe to contact LCFP regarding the TIF buckthorn clearing on the North and South


  • Meeting Adjourned 8:30 pm
    Motion By: Roy to approve the meeting minutes
    Seconded By: J.V.
    In Favor: 5, Opposed: 0; Abstain: 0;