HOA Meeting Minutes for September 24, 2018

Glenmore Woods HOA Meeting, September 24, 2018

Glenmore Woods Homeowners Association meeting was held on September 24, 2018 at 7:00pm . The meeting was at the Mariani offices at 900 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL 60044. The meeting lasted 120 minutes. The minutes from the meeting follow.

Glenmore Woods Homeowners Association
General HOA Meeting
900 North Shore Drive
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Monday, September 24, 2018

Agenda

  • Approval of the minutes from May 3rd and May 7th Meetings
  • Hearing for Exterior Project Proposal
  • Annexation Update
  • Welcome letter to new residents
  • Buckthorn eradication
  • Dead trees on common areas
  • Metra - Rondout Changes
  • Native Restoration Status
  • LCFP tree clearing status
  • Standing water between Ashford Ct and Oakhaven Ct
  • Pond maintenance status
  • Pot holes status
  • Open forum - All
  • Date for the next meeting - All

Board Members: Sue Ebert, J.V. Proesel, Roy Ladd, Martin Caldwell, Joe Sturonas
Property Manager: Sarah McMaster
Guests: Matthew Ueltzen (LCFP), Iver Johnson (Attorney for Glotzer)
Homeowners: Mary Sweitzer, Justin Berger, Karyn Glotzer, Jay Glotzer, Jerry Herb, Jeff Koenig

Meeting commences at 7:00pm

  • Approval of the minutes from May 3rd and May 7th Meetings
    • Motion By: Roy to approve the meeting minutes
    • Seconded By: J.V.
    • In Favor: 5, Opposed 0; Abstain: 0;
  • Hearing for Exterior Project Proposal
    • Listened to Mr. and Mrs. Glotzer with their attorney present explain their new Exterior Project Proposal.
    • Action Item: Board to consider Exterior Project Proposal and vote at the next HOA Board Meeting (All)
  • Annexation Update
    • Meeting with Bob O’Donnell on 9-19-18
    • We have 2 paths, political and legal
    • We have a 90 day window of opportunity to oppose, if something is decided by the Village of Green Oaks
    • That could tie things up for 12 to 36 months
    • Green oaks is pro development
    • It is worth arguing against higher density living next to lower density housing.
    • It makes sense to share the cost of the consultants with the other interested parties in the area.
    • A legal battle could cost $150K to $250K
    • It would benefit us to have a representation on the Village of Green Oaks board. At a minimum, getting the right eyes and ears on the Village of Green Oaks planning commission. There are two potential volunteers from Glenmore Woods that are interested.
    • Action Item: Glenmore Woods FOIA - follow up status. Green Oaks has passed the legal time frame by which they need to respond to the FOIA. (Joe)
    • Action Item: District 72 - what information have they been able to receive (Joe)
    • Action Item: What is the financial benefit to the village?
  • Welcome letter to new residents
    • Sue has composed a welcome letter to new residents. This came about because we needed a letter to explain new homeowner information in Glenmore Woods.
    • Action Item: Welcome letter will be included after feedback from board members back to Sue. (All)
  • Buckthorn eradication
    • We have a proposal from Lake County Forest Preserve
      • Looking at 7.17 acres of land, which would equate to $27,246.00.
      • HOA would contribute $20,000, An anonymous donor would fund the remaining $7,246.00
      • focus on areas near the road entrance and along the border with Knollwood CC.
      • Action Item: HOA to consider alternative areas for buckthorn clearing beyond just the front entrance along Knollwood. 
      • Action Item: Consider budget to determine if this is affordable this year (All)
  • Dead trees on common areas
    • Motion By: Roy to approve the felling and clearing of 3 dead ash trees in common areas near property and improved areas.
    • Seconded By: J.V.
    • In Favor: 5, Opposed 0; Abstain: 0;
  • Metra - Rondout Changes
    • Hiawatha Expansion On Hold Until Local Concerns Addressed: IDOT
    • Dead for now
  • Native Restoration Status
    • Completed 3rd stewardship. Preparing for burn this fall in Area 1
  • LCFP tree clearing status
    • LCFP is planning to address at the same time the buckthorn would be cleared.
  • Standing water between Ashford Ct and Oakhaven Ct
    • Action Item: Need to obtained permits totaling $250.
    • Total for the project is projected to be $3,800
  • Pond maintenance status
    • Ponds look good this year.
  • Open forum - All
    • Action item: We have two street lights out, so it is time to replace all street lights, as it is more cost effective to replace all street lights rather than ad hoc. Sarah is going to check into whether they are digital lights or not, and what the warranty on digital lights would be. Sarah to get the lights replaced.
    • Action Item: Prune the tree branches near the street lights (Justin and others)
    • There is an Eagle scout looking for a project in our neighborhood. If you think of anything, please let a board member know.
    • We have phragmites our dry pond. Sarah to ask McCloud to look into it for a proposal.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm