HOA Meeting Minutes for November 20, 2017

Glenmore Woods Homeowners Meeting was held Monday, November 20th at 7:30pm. This will be held at the home of Joe Sturonas. 
Glenmore Woods November 20, 2017 Meeting
Glenmore Woods Home Owners Association
Home of Joe Sturonas
November 20, 2017 7:30pm
The meeting was 1 hour
The Agenda for the meeting follows:

  • Mulch Update
  • Mariani Update
  • Review Budget for next year
  • Native Restoration Areas 1 & 4
  • Hazardous tree removal in common area status
  • LCFP border markings along trail status
  • Investment strategy for reserve fund
  • Road Conditions Update
  • Stocking Ponds with Fish
  • Additional business
  • Next meeting date

Board Members Present: Sue Ebert, J.V. Proesel, Martin Caldwell, Joe Sturonas, Roy Ladd (teleconference) 
Home Owners Present: Jerry Herb

Meeting Commences at 7:30pm

  • Mulch Update
    • Board voted to defer mulch spreading in common areas until 2019, consistent with the 2 year schedule we have been doing.
  • Mariani Update
    • Contract signed for next year as it were a 3 year contract, ending at the end of 2019
    • Asked Mariani about sprinkler system in the front of the subdivision
      • Asked about parts that were replaced, waiting to hear back
      • Action Item: Sarah to inquiry with Village of Green Oaks regarding contractor damage to sprinkler system by contractor repaving the front of the subdivision
  • Review Budget for next year
    • Action Item: Sarah to act on remediation of delinquent assessments.
    • Board working on several budget models to determine what can get accomplished with the given priorities of continued stewardship of areas 2 and 3 for buckthorn, clearing of bad areas of felled hazardous trees, and continued buckthorn of areas 1 and 4.
  • Native Restoration Areas 1 & 4
    • Working through budgetary models to determine feasibilities.
    • Action Item: Joe to contact Native Restorations regarding availability
  • Hazardous tree removal in common area status
    • Currently have 3 quotes, looking for a 4th quote.
    • Action Item: J.V. to present quotes to board for a vote on execution this winter in 2018.
  • LCFP boarder markings along trail status
    • Felled trees will removed by LCFP this winter
  • Investment strategy for reserve fund
    • J.V. reported that it is very difficult to find financial institutions that will invest for a non-profit
    • If we could use investment vehicles, the interest subject to capitals gain tax
    • Given the minimal financial upside given the amount of work required to make this happen, the board voted to defer at this time as there is very little benefit for the effort and resources required.
  • Road Conditions Update
    • Action Item: Joe to continue to purse with Village of Green Oaks.
  • Stocking Ponds with Fish
    • Board voted to proceed to stock fish in one pond (West Pond)
    • Action Item: Sarah to follow up with grates on the pond
    • Action Item: Joe to check with Sarah to see if Pond maintenance contract was executed
  • Additional business
    • No additional business discussed
  • Next meeting date
    • Next meeting will be held in December over teleconference to finalize budget

 Meeting Ended 9:30pm